The word marketing comes from the market, where one can buy or sell their products. Marketing can be defined as all the activities done by a company or firm or an organization to promote their services and goods to be bought or sold to a number of consumers. The “marketing mix”, majorly works with the four components or Ps that are price, product, place, and promotions. All aspects have their own pros and cons, we will focus primarily on the promotion or marketing aspect which helps to attract a number of clients or consumers.
Digital Marketing is a field that deals with the advertisement and distribution of content via the use of the internet or through varieties of channels digitally that includes social media, shared applications, search engines, emailing, websites, and others. It is one of the fastest-growing career domains, and led to the introduction of many digital marketing course for beginners to help professionals gain expertise in it.
Since every person in present times uses the internet in some or the other ways hence the popularity of the digital world has been increasing and digital marketing is also growing exponentially. There are multiple benefits involved to digital marketing such as speed, effective targeting, cost, multiple content types, increased engagement, global online reach and visibility, analytics, and optimization and it is very easy to start with.
Skills Required for Digital Marketing
There are a number of skills required to master your career in digital marketing. Some are mentioned as follows :
- Flexibility: One must be able to conduct changes to a campaign that is not accomplishing its work for the given task to achieve the goals.
- Organizational skills: You must be able to manage multiple campaigns at the same time.
- Experience of Branding: They must have the ability to generate various effective strategies regarding brands.
- Sales experience: They must have an understanding of different sales trends and must possess knowledge of sales and expertise in it.
- Must possess knowledge of writing content in various programs such as WordPress etc. Also, one should know how digital analysis tools work for the betterment.
- Strong skills in social media: Should be able to create such effective and potential social media content that focuses on a huge number of digital audiences. Enhancing products’ popularity and increasing branding amongst social media users is also important.
- Experience in Search engines optimization(SEO): Must possess a sound knowledge of how SEO works as it is critical to enhancing search engines rankings. Higher the rankings of a company, the more likely it is to be clicked by people on a company’s website in search engine questioning results.
- Should be able to use advertising platforms like Google AdWords to generate very effective Ads. Also must have knowledge of programming languages such as HTML to create more attractive and eye-catching appealing content including subheader etc.
Digital Marketing Job Roles
The career in Digital marketing is so exciting as this field is evolving constantly as a number of platforms are introduced. A digital marketing manager always observes the trends out for scoping and how they justify discoverability. There are many job roles for digital marketing, they all have their own set of skills to be considered such as:
Email Marketing: As the name suggests, in this kind you have to send emails to the targeted audience, looks pretty easy but has its own skills and expertise. Emails are sent to the clients to drum up business and also to make them familiar and aware of the services and products. Even when there is less of a market it’s the job of an email marketer to test the various subject text, lines, and formats where an email is getting most of the attention. The average salary of an email marketing specialist in India is ₹4,23,000 per year according to Payscale.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO): The digital marketing career is very strong for SEO specialists. They understand the basics of content quality scoring, social media understanding, website analytics, competitive analysis, and mobile search. The role of SEO is significant in digital marketing as they have entire knowledge about every piece of content written. The average salary of an SEO specialist according to Payscale is ₹2,55,876 in India.
Copywriting and content writing: At the first glance as you start your career in digital marketing, copywriting and content writing seem to be the same but when you proceed you get knowledge about their differences. Copywriters are those who produce a wide range of informational content, product description, taglines, email, ads, and more whereas the content writers are those who focus on the long-form content such as blog posts, case studies, research papers, and eBooks that integrate reader knowledge that draws them to come back again. The average salaries of copywriters and content writers in India are ₹3,64,758 and ₹2,81,705 per year respectively according to Payscale.
Search engine marketing(SEM): Most people are a bit confused regarding search engine optimization and Search engines marketing. SEM has paid tactics of their knowledge. Their work is to manage keyword research and bid an appropriate amount for what people are searching. It is a mixture of an advertiser and SEO that helps to bring traffic to a company’s website or pages. There are a variety of platforms and tools to perform search terms, bidding operations, and A/B tests to observe the most effective variations. SEM managers are highly data-driven and highly analytical. According to Payscale, SEM managers have an average salary of ₹3,49,441 annually in India.
Here, in this article, we have discussed all the sets of skills and knowledge possessed by the digital marketing specialists and they have many job roles which are evolving highly as the digital market is growing. Hence you may start your career as a beginner and boost by enhancing and upgrading your knowledge as the span of time in the variety of roles for digital marketers. As many businesses strive to stay competitive and relevant to the digital marketplace, hence the demand will grow exponentially and there will be requirements for experienced and professional digital marketers. Therefore digital marketing is a good career choice for those who want to make their contribution to this digital world for technical revolutions and boost up their careers.