Byju’s -The Learning App is the common brand name for ‘Think and Learn Private Ltd’. Being India’s largest educational technology company Byju’s provides effective and highly adaptive learning programmes for LKG, UKG, and classes 1 to 12 (K12), JEE, NEET, and IAS. Byju’s is the creator of India’s most popular K12 learning app.
The Bangalore-based education technology company Byju’s is an online tutoring and coaching firm started by Byju Raveendran. Byju’s is valued at $16.5 billion making it the world’s most valuable educational technology company. Byju’s owner Raveendran has become India’s youngest billionaire with a net worth of $3.05 billion.
Byju Raveendran- Founder of Byju’s
Byju Raveendran was born in 1980 in Kerala. His father and mother both were teachers. His father was a physics teacher, and his mother was a mathematics teacher. Raveendran was a former math teacher and started teaching maths to his friends to clear the CAT exam. He and his friends both cracked the CAT, and Raveendran scored 100%. He began to travel to other states to teach maths in his own way of shortcuts. Then he decided to take up teaching as a full-time job. He was teaching in a small classroom. Later he established Think and Learn Private Ltd in 2011. This is the parent company of Byju’s. Raveendran won the EY Entrepreneur of the year award in 2018. He founded Byju’s with his wife, Divya Gokulnath as a co-founder.
What Makes Byju’s Different?
Byju’s mission is to help students become lifelong learners. Byju’s has very efficiently decoded the problem statement of rendering available quality education utilising technology. Byju’s has pledged to enable the children in the most remote geographies and underserved communities through its tech-driven learning programmes to assure that every child gets an opportunity to learn. This learning system steers Byju’s education for all and makes it fall in love with learning. Byju’s – The Learning App uses the most efficient technology, media, and teachers to ensure a perfect and engaging learning experience for students. Here are some aspects which makes Byju’s different from other platforms:
- Byju’s learning app blends teachers, interactives and videos for bringing concepts to life. It specialises in offering a personalised learning experience for each of its users on the basis of their learning style.
- Providing content media and technology makes it possible to develop a new section of self-paced learning where the students are inspired to obtain knowledge by themselves.
- Implementing interactives, exciting video lessons and original content that have been designed to set to the independent learning style carried by every student.
- Promoting unique videos, learning modules, as well as interactives across all grades.
- Available for students across grades inconsiderate of their geographical places or the ability levels they have.
How Byju’s is Using Technology?
Byju began designing systems and learning experiences that made learning fun and easy. He utilizes the power of technology and data science for a truly personalised experience for students. He made learning easy, efficient, pleasant and personalised. It made learning contextual and obvious and not just theoretical.
- Implanting Artificial Intelligence: Think and Learn obtained a Palo Alto-based company – Osmo, in 2019 that developed educational games for young kids. This initiative assures a hopeful future for the Byju’s where the firm can even experiment with artificial reality and practical reality to examine how these technologies can be implanted onto the Byju’s app to make learning more beneficial for the resulting student.
- Purchasing Deep Knowledge Graphs to Improve Personalised Learning: The soul of Byju’s personalisation engine would be its extensive learning profile. This is made possible through deep Knowledge Graphs of over one lakh concepts and relationships, which have been improved to create personal learning adventures through components like videos, questions, adaptive flows, quizzes, flashcards, and so forth.
- Employing Data Analytics: In Byju’s, the content creation process is highly based on the data analytics at work since many data and insights are generated in house. If a sizable part of students is performing mistakes in a particular concept, Byju’s can go back and attach additional content formats, more straightforward questions, and more accessible videos to permit the system to generate a smoother learning curve.